Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Weeds

So, when I was living in the States, I HATED to mow grass. I mean I did it, but not even slightly my favorite thing to do. Now we live in Guyana. The villages we have lived in HATE grass. They love clean white sand around their houses. Why? Snakes can hide in grass if it gets tall and the only way to cut it is with a cutlass. So, now in order to be a 'good' housewife, I am expected to keep the sand around my house completely free of all weeds. Mowing grass is looking lovely right now. 
   This week as I have been cleaning out 9 months or grass and weeds, I was reminded that sin is a weed in my life. If I want a clean life before God, I am required to look to see what plants (fruits) are growing in my life and ask God to weed out (prune) the ones that don't belong. Just like weeding sand or push mowing a lawn, this isn't a painless process. Praise God! We are promised that He will give us all we need for the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment